Saturday, February 23, 2013

my cup runneth over.

There are many things that I enjoy in life, but one that that I absolutely love is making our house a home with the love of my life. We bought our first house in March of 2012 and have had a lot of fun making it our own. We have AMAZING friends and family who used part of their spring break to help us get the house ready to move in... even though it meant deep cleaning, taking the popcorn off ALL the ceilings in the house, painting the walls and kitchen cabinets, and deep cleaning some more.
Did I mention how awesome our friends and family are? I mean seriously. My friend Bekah painted my favorite wall in our house. check it out for yourself. 

Bekah. you are cool.

Bekah. you made our wall cool. 

David and I have enjoyed getting our house ready to move in and couldn't wait to move out of our one bedroom apartment to our new [2 bedroom] house! 

Not long after we moved into our house, we added a sweet puppy to our family! After much discussion we decided on the best name you could give to a puppy in a Bond family. Agent. Agent Bond. Let me just tell you, this dog is precious and a perfect puppy for us!

he has brought so many smiles, laughs, and lots of love to our family.
 

One of my favorite things was being able to create new things for our house with David. Here is one of my favorite ones that we did together...

 Now it hangs in our sunroom [the one with the chevron wall].
This painting will always be so special and have so much meaning to me. Not only because it's one of our favorite verses, but because of the memory we made when creating it! 

One thing that I have always wanted is a wall map. a map of the world that takes up the whole wall. Turns out... D did too! so we made it happen. I love, love, love it! 

It's perfect. 

We've spent a lot of time decorating... and then re-decorating... and then re-decorating again. Its a big decision to figure out where you want things. It's a even bigger decision to decide what to hang on the walls... which is why it has taken us until this past weekend to get things on the wall. I am pretty excited about it though. Definitely worth the wait. 

 It feels a little more like home each day. 

love seeing this canvas each morning. I am so in love with that man.
[sorry, I can't help it]

Like I said at the beginning of this post, I absolutely love making our first house our home with my husband. I mean, this is our first house. one that we will remember for the rest of our lives. As much as I love making our house a home with David, its not about the house, paint, projects, maps, and decorations. It's so much more than that. I have gotten to spend so much quality time with D because of all of the projects and we have made so many memories creating them together. David and I love to do things together and we have found that, even though we can both do it on our own and it would be fine, we are so much better together and it puts a lot more meaning behind things when there is a story behind it. So yes, I love our new house and all of the things inside, but take them all away and my heart would still be full. 






No comments:

Post a Comment