Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap

I have been wanting to make some homemade laundry detergent for a while now. I got a recipe from my friend - Deanna - and she loved it. I had to wait for my detergent to run out and it finally happened! I don't think I have ever been so excited to run out of detergent before. 

My mom [really mother-in-law, but we don't do 'in-laws' :)] is in town for thanksgiving and was going to make some with me and we decided to split the cost and just half the detergent since it was the first batch for both of us.. Just to make sure we like it.


Here is the recipe. 

1 - 4lb 12oz box of Borax
1 - 4lb. Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
1- 3lb. 7oz. Box of Arm & Hammer super washing soda
1 - 3lb. Container of Oxy Clean
4 bars Fels Naptha bars [grated]
2 [large] containers of Downy Unstopables - choose the scent you'd like. 

Mix all the ingredients together in a 5 gallon bucket and you're ready for your first load! I put mine in a glass jar and added a homemade label. It is easy to split to share or to store for later. 



Use 1-2 Tablespoons full [depending on the size] on each load.

My first load using the laundry soap is in the dryer and I already know I am a huge fan.  It smells so good. I can't wait to fold my towels. [that may be the first time in the History of ever that anyone said that]. 

Enjoy my friends and be sure to thank Deanna for sharing it first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment